Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Accountant must provide financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate payment of accounts under his or her control. The Senior Accountant will also provide financial, administrative and clerical services relating to monthly and other reporting.
Accounts receivable duties include ensuring accuracy and efficiency of operations, processing and monitoring incoming payments, and securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts.
The position currently has one direct report, and will hold responsibility for management of his or her team, including reviewing journal entries, invoices, accounts payable and receivable, to ensure accuracy. The team is expected to expand from 2 to 4 in the next six months, and therefore the candidate should have experience in building and managing a team.
The successful candidate will be an independent-thinking and driven individual, with an enthusiasm for working in an entrepreneurial environment in a role that requires flexibility, leadership and attention to detail.
The work of Senior Accountant includes but is not limited to the following:
- Maintain up-to-date billing system
- Generate and send out invoices
- Follow up on, collect and allocate payments
- Carry out billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines
perform account reconciliations
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments delayed payments and other irregularities
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Review AR aging to ensure compliance
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files and records
- Follow established procedures for processing receipts, cash etc
- Prepare bank deposits
- Investigate and resolve customer queries
- Process adjustments
- Develop a recovery system and initiate collection efforts
- Communicate with customers via phone, email, mail or personally assist with month-end closing
- Collect data and prepare monthly metrics
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients’ billing issues
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Support HR and Finance departments in preparation of monthly payroll and tax process
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Assist in preparation of monthly management reports and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget vs. Actual” variance reports.
- Assist in providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances
- Assist with annual external audit. Complete requested materials. Assist in preparing assigned schedules for the annual and any interim or another audit.
- Assist the CFO in developing, documenting and implementing business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls in a start-up office environment
- Liaise with the CFO to continue to design and improve financial procedures
- Wide range of ad hoc but related tasks in the area of work, supporting the CFO and wider team