Oversee research activities and develop knowledge-based products for a company. Develop research programs incorporating current developments to improve existing products and study the potential of new products.
- Manages and directs the research and development programs to meet organizational needs and to capitalize on potential new products.
- Develops and implements research and development procedures and techniques.
- Thinks creatively to develop prototypes, manage formulations, and technically lead projects.
- Demonstrates research skills, curiosity and creative / innovative approaches to assess problems and solutions and collaborative thinking.
- Assesses the scope of research projects and ensures they are on time and within budget.
- Should have a passion for food and insight into global industry and food trends to deliver customer driven market leading innovation.
- Oversees complex research projects, analyzes results and provides recommendations based on findings.
- Maintains ongoing research and knowledge of technical service developments inclusive of potential opportunities for new products and new developments within the industry.