IT Specialist (Networking + Hardware)
- Installing and configuring hardware and software components to ensure usability.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Ensuring electrical safety standards are met
- Repairing or replacing damaged hardware.
- Upgrading the entire system to enable compatible software on all computers.
- Installing and upgrading anti-virus software to ensure security at the user level
- Performing tests and evaluations on new software and hardware.
- Establishing good relationships with all departments and colleagues.
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years experience in computer networks and systems maintenance.
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Linux+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Good English skills