- Ensure effective management of compliance matters and active involvement in problem-solving and fraud management over critical issues that have an impact on the Bank's business/operations.
- Implement a compliance platform which to AGD’s business and operation activities including drafting or updating and implementing policies and procedures to address AGD’s constitutional obligations in relation to anti-money laundering (AML/CFT), bank operational issues.
- Develop and oversee the compliance control systems which set by AGD BANK in order to prevent to deal with violations of legal guideline and internal policies.
- Play a key role in providing recommendations on solutions and advice on complex legal issues including subsidy summarizing complex issues.
- Develops compliance organizational strategies by contributing information, key analysis and strong recommendation to strategic thinking and direction, establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Control and supervise legal documentation and preparation process in line with the standard of AGD BANK.
- Protect bank’s assets by establishing compliance standards by anticipating emerging compliance trends.
- Monitor and implement compliance-related reporting procedures and recordkeeping and periodically report to the Management of AGD BANK.
- Develop and liaise with external regulatory authorities (Central banks and public organizations) and internal/external audit on legal and compliance issues.
- Operate and solve legal and compliance issues across bank aligned with the rules and regulations of CBM in safekeeping of confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Lead the Legal & Compliance Team with the delivery of the Bank’s vision and complement the actions of the other team members de-risking the Bank.
- Possess a degree in law, finance, business management or a related field and Master Degree is preferred
- At least 10 years of experience in a particular field within the same industry is preferred Detailed knowledge of retail banking products and services
- Proven success and experience in the legal and compliance management field.
- Strong working knowledge of legal requirements and controls especially in relation to AML/CFT.
- Fluency in banking industry practices and professional standards.
- Integrity and commitment to professional ethics with good communication skill.
- Excellent collaborative teamwork skills.
- Good communication skills in English and Myanmar