Must have a minimum of 7 years experience as a chef; with some supervisory responsibilities.
Proven track record showing a steady progression of skill level, increased levels of responsibility, and personal career oriented professional development chef and/or instructor in culinary training.
- Must be classically trained the basic fundamental cooking methods, theoretical and practical cookery, advanced culinary skills. Food specialization in Mexico, Latin America, European and the Mediterranean and preferable if the candidate also proficient in Asia, Myanmar, region includingfamiliarity of cultural significance, key ingredients and preparation techniques unique to the cuisine.
- Sanitation certified; equivalent to HACCP, National Food Safety or Advanced food safety services
- Prior teaching experience; ability to teach different levels.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate MAHA class schedules.
- Fine Dining experience preferred.
- Team-player with strong mentoring skills.
- Experience as a participant and /or coaching students for Culinary competitions.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; Myanmar and English.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and teams.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Usage of technology – such as e-learning platforms
- Ability to travel.