- Under supervision of Mechanical Supervisor, maintain in a safe, reliable and good operating condition of all mechanical equipments on Offshore facilities (Gas Production: around 930 MMSCFD)
- Responsible for the application of the condition monitoring program and act as site focal person related to reporting vital/critical rotating equipment performance/availability/reliability, maintaining all condition monitoring tools/equipment in good manner.
HEALTH, SAFETY, ENVIRONMENT & COMPLIANCE
Ensure that all activities are carried out in full compliance with Company HSE rules, regulations and company procedures. Observe and report anomalies on a regular basis. Continuously improve HSE knowledge through applicable classroom and on the job training.
- Perform normal activities as per job description for mechanical technician under the supervision of Mechanical Supervisor
- Assist Mechanical Engineer - Rotating to provide necessary data to report vital/critical rotating equipment performance/ availability/reliability
- Perform condition and monitoring on all rotating equipment
- Conduct basic machinery diagnostics on all vital/critical rotating equipment
- Provide basic technical advice/assistance on any trouble-shooting mainly for all rotating equipment (turbo machines, gas compressors, generators, and pumps)
- Maintain all condition monitoring tools/equipment in good manner, controlling condition monitoring personnel/resources at sites to ensure safe, reliable and cost effective use of production facilities
- Propose modifications or reviews modification (requested by sites — new projects)
- Update condition monitoring tools/equipment in line with technology development
Context and environment
Offshore environment with travel by boat to a remote wells platform. Work in rotational system (normally 4 x 4 basis). The Maintenance Department field of activities covers the installations including separation, filtration, main power generation, emergency power generation and all related utilities, in respect of environment for an estimated production of gas for export purpose and
domestic use. Large scope of skill covering the rotating and static equipment (gas turbine, diesel engines, compressors, piping and
pressure vessels) installed on all platforms. The job is performed in liaison with mechanical supervisor at site and mechanical
engineer (onshore) to perform all major rotating equipment Activities.
- Turbo machineries are vital equipments with long delivery time of purchased spare parts
- No manufacturer local company representative
- Un-experience personnel
- Remote geographical problem which render difficult for rapid intervention but safe to maintain production
- Ensure all installed rotating equipments as per standard design
- Ensure reliability and availability of installed rotating equipment always be on optimum level at the reasonable operating cost
- Contributes to the information & update of safety rules by site team
- Contributes to the improvement of the installations
- Optimize stock and maintenance efficiency for vital equipment in relation with overall reliability
Qualifications / experience required
- Background from Universities/ Professional Institutes in mechanical discipline.
- Experience of doing basic troubleshooting, maintenance and repair on rotating equipment
- Basic understanding on design philosophy of rotating equipment
- Ability to work under pressure with high quality result